Runes, tarot, and fortune oh my

and

Friday, September 16, 2011

Healing, Law of Attraction, and well said...

Light Up the World

I have been inspired by the words of Catherine Ponder for years, in part because she connects the Law of Attraction with spirituality. In her books, Ponder, a Unitarian Minister, teaches how to use that connection to create health, happiness, satisfying work, meaningful relationships, financial prosperity, and so forth. This has been my life’s work as well
This summer, I decided to reread one of my favorite books written by Catherine Ponder called The Dynamic Laws of Healing. I’m glad I did—her work is both simple and profound. Ponder reminded me that there is an infinite amount of healing energy available to us at all times through the Creator. Although I know this at the core of my being, it reassures me to read these words and be reminded of this truth.
The Creator goes by many names: Jesus, Allah, Adonai, the Great Goddess, Source Energy—it really doesn’t matter which name you use. The point is that, regardless of your religion or spiritual practices, you can tap into this healing source at any time. Although some religious practices disagree, I believe you can connect directly to the creator without an intermediary. And I suggest you experiment with this.
Knowing there is a Higher Power, one that is greater than I am, calms my spirit when I’m troubled. Because Ponder is a Christian minister, she believes that Jesus will share or even “lift your burdens” entirely. While it isn’t necessary for you to agree with this precept (since it is a Christian ideology), I can assure you there is something wonderful about knowing when to “surrender” to a situation. You’ve undoubtedly heard the phrase, “Let Go and Let God.”
Believing that the universe will rise up to support you when you can’t figure out the answer is incredibly reassuring—plus it works!
Welcoming the Divine
People have called on the name of the Creator for thousands and thousands of years to bring the Divine into their presence. This is one of the reasons we pray, and also why prayer is so powerful. The sound of prayer, either spoken or sung, as it resonates in our bodies is also healing. According to the Kabbalah, an ancient Jewish text, the Hebrew letters have specific healing properties when spoken aloud. At a minimum, speaking words or prayers out loud can change the vibrational patterns around you, which just might help you manifest your dream or desire with the help of the Law of Attraction.
Catherine Ponder’s books are filled with beautiful affirmations, much like Louise Hay’s inspiring affirmations. However, Ponder’s are more like a prayer that invokes God’s presence. She believes that merely repeating God’s name (in her case, Jesus) is all that’s needed to connect with this healing energy. Talk about simple.
The ancients believed that the phrase “I AM” was a synonym for “the God within you.” Catherine Ponder says to meditate regularly on the phrase “I am the light of the world” can flood your whole being with light and drive out darkness.
Think about how many times you say “I am” in a day. Are you affirming what you want to bring into your life? Is it possible that your words are unknowingly cutting off your connection to healing energy?
Here are some I AM affirmations to experiment with:
I AM health, strength, and prosperity.
I AM calm in times of stress. I AM inspired to find solutions to my problems.
I AM flourishing in my body, spirit, and mind. I AM a shining example of health and happiness for my friends, coworkers, and family.
Healing With Divine Love
My friend Robert G. Fritchie of the World Service Institute teaches the practice of healing with Divine Love. Divine Love is Fritchie’s term for the healing energy from the Creator, which is available to us 24/7. When you work with Fritchie, you can feel yourself connecting to this Infinite Source. It’s really quite remarkable.
Fritchie holds weekly teleconferences to help individuals connect with Divine Love. He also conducts teleconferences to help heal the earth and address other environmental disasters. For example he organized a group of people from all over the world to send Divine Love to the people living in Japan (and to the precarious nuclear reactors) after the Tsunami in 2010.
For more information, read Fritchie’s guest author article “Healing With Divine Love: An overview and tips for successful self-healing” or his book Surviving Chaos: Healing with Divine Love
Restoring Equilibrium
No matter who you are, there are times when you will feel stress, ill health, or low energy. All of us argue with our boss or partner every now and then. Imbalance of any kind, Ponder teaches, often arises when you lose your connection to the Divine—when you cut off the circulation of healing energy. What’s important is you can regain your health, prosperity, and equilibrium by connecting to the Creator.
I encourage you to practice connecting to this infinite source of healing, either by reading Catherine Ponder’s books, by working with Bob Fritchie, or through personal prayer and affirmations. Although any time is a good time to start, if you have some leisure time before the summer ends and the fall rush begins, experiment a little. Having this foundation in place when imbalances do occur will literally be a Godsend!

This information is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease. 
All material in this article is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise, or other health program.
For up-to-the-minute as well as timeless medical advice in Dr. Northrup's extensive library of articles and podcasts, visit DrNorthrup.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment