Runes, tarot, and fortune oh my

and

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Neuroscience

The human brain remains among the last few stubborn redoubts to yield its secrets to the experimental method. During the period that scientists expanded the horizons of astronomy, balanced the valences of chemistry, and determined the forces of physics, the crowning glory of Homo sapiens and its most enigmatic emanation, human consciousness, resisted the scientific model’s persistent searching.

The brain accounts for only 2 percent of the body’s volume, yet consumes 20 percent of the body’s energy. A pearly gray, gelatinous, three-pound universe,

this exceptional organ can map parsecs and plot the whereabouts of distant galaxies measured in quintillions of light-years.

The brain accomplishes this magic trick without ever having to leave its ensorcelled ovoid cranial shell. From minuscule-wattage electrical currents crisscrossing and ricocheting within its walls, the brain can reconstruct a detailed diorama of how it imagines the Earth appeared four billion years ago.

It can generate poetry so achingly beautiful that readers weep, hatred so intense that otherwise rational people revel in the torture of others, and love so oceanic that entwined lovers lose the boundaries of their physical beings.

http://www.brainpickings.org/2014/11/17/leonardos-brain-leonard-shlain/ 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experience and i need to share this great testimony..I visited a forum here on the internet on the 8TH MATCH 2020, And i saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called Dr voodoo on the forum..I never believed it, because i never heard or learn anything about magic before.. No body would have been able to convince me about magical spells, not until Dr voodoo did a marvelous work for me and restored my marriage of 6 years back to me and brought my spouse back to me in the same 24 hours just as i read on the internet..i was truly flabbergasted and shocked when my husband kneel down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of words and joy, and i don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you Dr voodoo you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. And now i am a joyful woman once again.. here is his email voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com you can also add Dr.voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete