Runes, tarot, and fortune oh my

and

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kundalini Yoga and healing yourself....

The Eight Human Talents by Gurumukh


A long time ago, I read about Kundalini yoga and had some adverse reaction to it, like it was some sex thing, but that was not true (and I think that is tantric yoga, whatever that is) but along the way, I found this teacher,
Gurmukh, who ran a yoga studio called Golden Bridge in L.A., wore a turban, and had this Kundalini yoga tape - So I tried it. It was hard.

I would do it ever so often and reaped many benefits from the poses and exercises, but I really didn't 'commit' to it, and  practiced other yoga and exercise tapes.  When I was feeling partifularly ill, or rather, hungover, I would go to Gurumukh's tape, however, since it seemed to detox and de-stress me. Then I bought her book.

Again, I leafed through it, and laid it aside, until one day, a few years later, my life went on fire, and I thought of this book. I went searching for it, and started reading it, and practicing the exercises with a little more commitment. I was under alot of stress, I had no recourse, and had only myself to rely on, to turn things around. I needed to invoke some power. 
Within days, the incredible wisdom and effects in this book and in these exercises healed me, strengthened me, and emboldened me to trust my incredible will to make things right.  I knew this was valid and decided to 'commit' to doing a few Kundalini exercises every morning to start my day. Suddenly, my body is somehow 'better', 'younger' , full of vitality, and the creativity is flowing. Opportunities are coming my way, and I'm confident about the future. It's the fastest way I know to heal yourself....







No comments:

Post a Comment